Information on this
page is available as supplied to us. If you have information of
this nature to share with the class, kindly write to Jerry Blair.
- Buz & Barb Cliffe traveled
to Lithuania for 5 weeks to see their new grandson, Isak and
help their granddaughter, Ieva, celebrate her 4th birthday.
- Barbara McCaige recently retired
and has moved to Florida.
- We are sorry to hear of the
passing of Warren Cheeney. Our thoughts go out to his family.
Warren gave a lot of time during the years helping out with the
committee's newsletters, banquets, and many other items to help
us function in a timely manner. He will be greatly missed.
- Norris McDowell has moved
to North Carolina and is closer to his son and has recently become
a first-time grandfather.
- Jerry Blair has two new grandsons.
- With sadness, we report the
passing of Rusty Bourquin. He loved cars, motorcycles, and was
a practical joker par excellence.
- It is with sadness that we
report that Mike Ohler passed away July 18, 2006 after a brief
bout with cancer. He was an inspiration to the '61 EHS committee
and will be sorely missed.
- With sadness, we have learned
the Rod Fenn passed away in April, 2010. Our thoughts go out
to Sue and the family.
- Deanna Hagerty Berry, who's
also sparred with cancer, reports she feels great. She has recently
retired from The State Journal. She's also participating in a
number of 5K road race events.
- Carol Luoto reported to us
that Sue Longest died on Dec. 12, 2005 in Florida.
- On a sad note, Sally Sepanek
was killed in a car accident in Lansing. Our thoughts go out
to her family.
- Russ McElmurry is alive and
well in Summerfield, North Caroilna. He has his own company,
"McElmurry Chemical," which specializes in food processing
- We understand that Jim Fishbeck
has recently retired. Now he'll have ample time to fly his Piper
Twin Comanche all over the USA, and best of all, do it just for
fun. Jim says, "I'm in good health, enjoying life, and hope
to keep my pilot's license until I'm 80!"
- Karen Nowack died after along
battle with MS. Our sympathy goes out to her family.
- We have recently learned of
the passing of Janet Ledford. Jan was a nice sweet gal. Our thoughts
are with her family.
- Tom Nosal passed away in April
of 2006. He had been ill for some time.
- It is with regret that we
have learned of the passing of fellow classmate Don Kimball.
- It is with regret that we
announce the passing of classmate Jim Ostrander.
- We have just learned of the
passing of Florence Peters. Our thoughts go out to her family.
- Our classmate, Bob Powers
passed away in February from cancer. We had hoped to see him
at the reunion this summer. Our thoughts go out to his family.
- We have heard of the passing
of Sandy Cobb in March, 2011.
- We lost Sandy Nama Dunn the
week after the 50th reunion. Sandy had attended the reunion and
had a wonderful time. Her presence at the event was memorable.
- Miss Edith Siegrist, our former
Everett Librarian, passed away at the end of this summer from
inoperative bladder cancer. She was 86. (Her long-time friend
and fellow librarian Jane, sent Donna notice.) She had lived
in Vermillion SD for many, many years.
- Myron Smith, long time EHS
English teacher and coach passed away recently in a nursing home
after falling at home and suffering a severe neck injury.
- Fellow graduate Jerry Bellingar
died in July, 2012.
- Graduate Wayne Tanner died
in August July, 2012.
- We've been informed by Debbie
Johnson, the daughter of Eunice Rankin, that Eunice passed away
in 2004 due to cancer.
- We are sad to report that
Rhonda Barker has lost her long battle with cancer.
- We're sad to hear that George
Moberg lost his mother at the end of 2013.
- Jim Harrison passed away in
Arizona. Jim attended nearly all of our reunions, and will be
missed at future events.
- Bob Householder passed away
in early 2015. He was still working at the heating/cooling business
he founded many years ago. Bob was a familiar face at all Everett-related
functions and the association will be missed.
- Gary Bennett passed away in
2013 in Evart, Michigan. He had retired from Oldsmobile to the
cottage he so loved at Hicks lake.
- Bud Lawrence, long-time Everett
teacher and coach passed away in Venice, Florida in 2014. He
had been a long-time Lansing resident, but moved to Florida in
- Rocky Terrill passed away
on Christmas day of 2015. He came to the 55th and had a great
time seeing his old friends.
- Lynn Zimmer recently passed
away in December 2015.
- Annette Busley passed away
in early 2016.
- Russ Williams, husband of
our Donna Strayer, passed away in July, 2016. Russ was a talented
man, who knew everyone on the reunion committee as we had most
of our meetings at Donna's house for over 30 years. He will be
- We lost Christine Norman in
- We lost Bob Kellogg in January,
- We lost Jeanne Sawyer in March,
- We lost Dick Karkau on March
- We lost Vickie DeMiller in
- We lost Val Simmons in August
2017 Note: Val did not graduate with our class, but started out
with it. He graduated in a later class.
- We lost classmate Rita Chapman
from complications of a stroke in July, 2018
- We lost Madeline Poxen in
the summer of 2018.
- On a sad note,
we have been contacted by Nancy Bennett's daughter that Nancy
passed away last September from pancreatic cancer, which she
had been fighting for eight years.
Larry Butts passed away in August, 2018 following a long illness.
Larry was present at nearly all our reunions and he will be missed.
Janet Van Patten passed in October, 2018
Bob Dyer passed in 2018
- Kathy Dines
passed in 2018
- Jeff Dean
passed in 2018
- Sherry Hill
passed in 2018
- John Hannah
passed in 2018. John was originally part of the class, but did
not graduate in June of 1961 with the class.
Back to Homepage